25.- 28.02.2016, Frau mit Landschaft, Stadtbad, Ludwigsburg, DE
- The performative installation Frau mit Landschaft (Woman with Landscape) was my graduation project for my BA in theatre directing at Akademie für Darstellende Kunst Baden-Württemberg. It took place in the deserted sauna area of a public bath in Ludwigsburg.
- The work deals with the origins of the concept woman. Everything is centered around the text Illness or Modern Women by Elfriede Jelinek. It also includes texts from Jelinek’s Princess Dramas, Hélène Cixous’ The Laugh of Medusa and Esther Vilar’s The Manipulated Man as well as an encyclopedia on how to live as a woman in the German Democratic Republic.
- The audience was guided through the different rooms by the sound performance. There were moments of individual exploration and of collective gathering.
- Concept & Artistic Direction: Jasmin Schädler
- Stage & Costume Design: Hannah Ebenau & Stephanie Zurstegge
- Dramaturgy: Svenja Käshammer
- Performers: Johannes Frick, Sebastian Klauke, Calendal Klose, Ann- Christin Mündner, Elisa Ueberschär
- Music: Félix Dufour, Sofie Heinz, Marc Szpuner
- Virtual tour through the performance: www.frau-mit-landschaft.de
© Philip Henze